Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Time For Tea


"Today is the day hundreds of thousands of Americans have been waiting for — the Tax Day Tea Parties. Although it's very hard to forecast just how many will participate, the mere fact that around 2,000 Tax Day Tea Party events have been planned for today means that it would only take an average of 200 at each gathering to yield 400,000 participants. Of course, many of these tea parties will have many thousands at the least. Fox News will have live TV broadcasts from four cities (San Antonio, Sacramento, Atlanta, and Washington, D.C.) during the day featuring Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, and other Fox News personalities."



I just wanted to take a second to share a few things. First, CRAZY... I used to work for a small business that is not incorporated, and taxes are horrendous every year. I am certified to do taxes, and as I looked through the numbers I'm filing, I couldn't believe it. For one, (any yes there most certainly is a great IRS answer for why it's this why, but...) you figure Self-employment tax, and then divide the tax by 2, and subtract from you Adjusted Gross Income. Then, later you add the entire amount back in. Kinda like you have to wear your seatbelt in most states, but it's okay to ride in the back of a pickup on the highway. Anyways, I guess I'm just hoping for a really great outcome from today. It seems like the American people are finally uniting to accomplish some things, and are no longer waiting for 'those that pay themselves' to do it. Guess I'll just wait and see.........

No comments:

Post a Comment