Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Truth about Dogs...& Cars.....





You know how you can be driving down the road, and some stupid dog decides to kamikaze your automobile (generally, after it's brand new, detailed, new paint, etc) and you swerve or say "Well, it's his fault if I run him over."? I always swerved, telling the dog off, and going about my business. I have 2 dogs that have decided to be just like this, so we have spent the better part of 2-3 years trying to train them to refrain from doing this. Is it working? NO NO NOOOOOOO!!!!
A couple of weeks ago, Willow (above) decided that our landlord's car was ripe for the picking, and ran after him. I yelled at her to come back, her obedient instinct failed, and..........she was hit. She seemed fine at first, but at a closer look she had that gravel dust smacked on her face, and cuts all over her legs. I immediately started shaking (right along with her, I might add) and panicking. We rushed her to the vet, whom she abhors, and he gave her some cortizone, other shots, and a couple of staples. No internal bleeding or head trauma. Thank God!!! To my amazement, she no longer runs after vehicles with the determination she used to, and is listening when she starts chase after them. To that end, the other dog, Buffy, who saw the whole thing, doesn't go anywhere. Blessing in disguise???

No comments:

Post a Comment